Trigger Time: 1:06
Unlocks: World Mode Map 2-3
To trigger the challenge, the following requirements have to be fulfilled:
- Eto (before first clear) or Luna (after first clear) is your selected Partner.
- Eto is Level 6 or higher, or Luna is Level 10 or higher.
- (Eto only) You are playing on a difficulty corresponding to your Potential:
- < 5: Any difficulty chart
- ≥ 5 and < 10: Present or Future chart only
- ≥ 10: Future chart only
Upon meeting the above requirements, the challenge automatically begins at the trigger time, and the floor track becomes invisible, then Luna then appears and mouthing the phrase "If you can". Before the note appears, a black overlay appears. From this point until 1:28:
- If your LOST count exceeds a certain number (see table below), Luna immediately disappears and the challenge ends.
- If your LOST count is kept under the allowable count:
- For the first clear, Map 2-3 is unlocked upon clearing the song.
- For subsequent clears, there is no special reward.
The allowable LOST Note count depends on Eto/Luna's level. Current known values, according to information from the Japanese Wiki and the official Discord server, along with research from the wiki team, are:
|Partner Level||Allowable 'LOST' Notes|
|YouTube||higllus||10,001,105 (Max)||Finger taps|
|YouTube||Ritxman||10,001,077||Fingernail taps (background noise)|
|YouTube||BengaleeHS||10,001,037||None (Thumb play)|
|YouTube||レイ||-||Hand clap video|
- Singularity was added to Groove Coaster as part of the Arcaea x Groove Coaster collaboration.
- Singularity in Groove Coaster is titled as "Singularity -Binary Enfold-" in reference to the pack it is found in, due to GC already having a song titled Singularity.
- The background animation in Groove Coaster references some parts of the chart, including Luna's challenge.
- The challenge in Singularity is officially not an Anomaly .
- An April Fools' version of this song, Singularity VVVIP, was released on 1 April 2020.
- Originally, Memory Forest was planned to be the only song ETIA. contributed, but ETIA. was concerned that it was too shallow, and composed Singularity. The Arcaea team liked it and ended up using them both .
- While the challenge is active, a dark overlay appears on top of Luna, referencing a black hole (which has a singularity).
- The note designer's name is likely an alias of Toaster. 東 can be read "tou," and 星 is "star." The コラプサー in 東星※コラプサー translates to "collapsar", a star that has collapsed under its own gravity.
- The artwork of Singularity and Memory Forest form a complete picture when combined.