Partners are a gameplay element added in 1.0.5. Each Partner has her own skills and stats that affect various game mechanics. Partners can be selected by pressing the icon on the top of the screen which displays your current selected Partner.
- Level 30 stats are reserved for partners that can be awakened.
|Hikari||SUPPORT||55||78||88||35||61||71||35||61||71||EASY - Recollection Rate loss reduced for 'LOST' notes||0|
Awakened: Earn up to +20% Fragments based on score
MIRROR - All Notes and Arcs reversed
Awakened: VISUAL - Sense of Incompleteness
|Tairitsu (Grievous Lady)||CHALLENGE||57||79||70||102||57||79||HARD - Track Lost when Recollection Rate reaches 0%||0|
|Stella||BALANCE||41||65||58||84||41||65||Earn +10 Fragments when playing a Stellights song||0|
|Hikari & Fisica||SUPPORT||22||40||45||78||7||31||EASY + Earn +15 Fragments when playing a Past/Present song||0|
|Ilith||CHALLENGE||50||50||70||105||10||50||HARD + Lose 100 Fragments on Track Lost||8|
|Eto||BALANCE||54||80||45||67||32||59||Earn +5 fragments when playing a Light Side song||0|
|Luna||BALANCE||60||90||42||63||65||90||VISUAL - Recollection Gauge is hidden||8|
Earn +5 Fragments when playing a Conflict Side song
Pay fragments equal to the chart's level when starting
|Hikari (Zero)||CHALLENGE||78||0||61||0||61||0||Recollection Gauge set to 0 for LOST notes||8|
|Hikari (Fracture)||???||42||61||67||99||53||78||OVERFLOW - EASY Recollection Rate, then HARD upon reaching 100% Recollection||0|
|Hikari (Summer)||SUPPORT||41||67||49||80||31||50||EASY + All Notes and Arcs reversed||0|
|Tairitsu (Summer)||BALANCE||61||92||44||66||47||70||MIRROR - All Notes and Arcs reversed||8|
|Tairitsu & Trin||BALANCE||52||85||28||46||38||62||VISUAL - 'Nutritious' note appearance when playing a Tone Sphere song||8|
|Ayu||BALANCE||50||50||45||83||12||49||Random fragment bonus upon completing a song||0|
|Eto & Luna||SUPPORT||52||86||24||40||39||64||EASY + Recollection Gauge starts at 30% and Reduced Recollection Rate gain per note||0|
|Hikari & Seine||BALANCE||42||65||52||80||48||73||AUDIO - Ad-lib effects play when hitting empty floor lanes||8|
|Yume||BALANCE||32||52||62||46||73||83||18||46||56||Earn 1 Fragment for each 100 combo reached
Awakened: Earn up to +10 Fragments based on Max Recall and Earn +5 Fragments on Clear
|Saya||BALANCE||55||85||59||90||65||95||Increased Recollection Rate change per note and No Recollection Rate gain for FAR notes||8|
|Tairitsu (Grievous Lady) & Chuni Penguin||BALANCE||45||67||62||93||45||67||CHUNITHM - Clear Requirement: 7||8|
|Nono Shibusawa||BALANCE||0.5||0.5||0.5||25||78||88||25||78||88||Earn +2525 Fragments for achieving EX grade or above||0|
|Haruna Mishima||BALANCE||43||64||74||58||86||96||44||70||80||Recollection Gauge starts at 40% and Recollection Rate gain reduced to 40%||0|
|Regulus (MDA-21)||CHALLENGE||50||70||80||69||98||108||44||70||80||HARD + FAR notes slightly decrease Recollection Rate||8|
|Pandora Nemesis (MTA-XXX)||CHALLENGE||68||95||105||63||89||99||47||69||79||HARD + Track Lost after 20 LOST notes||8|
|Chuni Penguin||BALANCE||58||88||33||50||55||84||Earn +14 Fragments on Pure Memory (Max Score)||14|
|Kanae||BALANCE||62||95||50||75||33||50||VISUAL - Day/Night appearance when playing a "Sunset Radiance" song.||8|
|Sia||BALANCE||52||87||51||64||37||63||Randomly triggers MIRROR - Gain +5 Fragments on MIRROR||0|
|DORO*C||BALANCE||44||71||34||55||25||25||Recollection Gauge measures Grade (Track Lost on Grade A or below)||0|
|Tairitsu (Tempest)||CHALLENGE||27||50||70*||100*||27||50||HARD - Tempest Gauge||0|
|Brillante (E/S Primera)||CHALLENGE||59||85||95||62||90||100||50||72||82||HARD - Track Lost when Recollection Rate reaches 0%||0|
|Ilith (Summer)||CHALLENGE||0||0||70||110||20||55||HARD + Recollection Rate gain disabled when below 20 combo||0|
|Alice & Tenniel||BALANCE||50||32||63||MIRROR + FAR judgements hidden||0|
Partners with italicised names can only be obtained from limited-time events in World Mode.
* Tairitsu (Tempest)'s STEP stat is further increased by 0.1 for each level on all available partners, up to a maximum of +60 bonus STEP.
Every Partner has five stats.
Influences the amount of Fragments you earn for playing songs in Music Play mode. Every 1 FRAG above or below 50 equates to 2% fragments above or below the default amount.
- Example: With a FRAG stat of 78, you'll receive a 56% increase, or a 1.56x multiplier.
Influences the number of Steps earned after playing songs in World Mode. Every 1 STEP above or below 50 equates to 2% steps above or below the default amount.
- Example: With a STEP stat of 35, you'll receive a 30% decrease, or a 0.70x multiplier.
Shortened as "OVER". Influences the Progression gained after playing songs in Lost Chapter: Beyond. Every 1 OVER above or below 50 equates to a 2% increase or decrease to the multiplier applied (not to be confused with Progression %).
- Example: With an OVER stat of 61, you'll receive a 22% increase or a 1.22x multiplier.
A quick indicator of the Partner's characteristics. This is based on a partner's skill. Hikari (Fracture) aside, there are three types of partners:
- Support - Partners with a skill that makes gameplay significantly easier.
- Balance - Partners without skills, or one that has little impact on difficulty.
- Challenge - Partners with a skill that makes gameplay significantly harder.
An attribute that alters gameplay and difficulty. Skills can be decomposed into the effects they have on gameplay, and certain partners have skills with multiple effects.
- EASY - Easy Recollection Rate is used, which depletes less upon 'LOST' notes.
- All partners with this skill effect are "Support" type.
- Clearing a song when this effect is active marks the song with a green C.
- HARD - Hard Recollection Rate is used, similar to EXCESSIVE RATE found in Sound Voltex, which starts at 100, and having it drop to 0 instantly results in a "Track Lost".
- All partners with this skill effect are "Challenge" type.
- Clearing a song when this effect is active marks the song with a red C.
- MIRROR - The horizontal position of all notes are mirrored.
- VISUAL - A purely aesthetic effect becomes active during gameplay.
- OVERFLOW - The unique effect of Hikari (Fracture)'s skill. Easy Recollection Rate is initially used, and transitions to the Hard one when the gauge reaches 100%.
- Like the EASY effect, clearing a song with this effect active gives a green C.
- Despite the above point, this effect does not colour the skill green in the Partner select screen.
- The unique effect of Hikari (Zero)'s skill, commonly referred to as "ZERO", in which every LOST note resets the gauge to 0%.
- Like HARD, this skill effect is coloured red.
- Despite the above point, clearing this song with this effect active gives a purple (normal) C.
- The unique effect of DORO*C's skill, in which Recollection Rate measures Grades instead.
- Like BALANCE, this skill effect is coloured purple.
- Despite the above point, clearing this song with this effect active gives a green (easy) C.
- The unique effect of Tairitsu (Tempest)'s skill, in which the Recollection Gauge is replaced by the Tempest Gauge.
- Fragment effects, which provide a bonus or incur a penalty of Fragments. For some partners, this occurs under certain conditions.
- You can seal your Partner by selecting that Partner's information panel in the selection screen. This sets all stats to 50 and deactivates their Skill. You can select it again to unseal the Partner. Skills and stats are automatically sealed when offline or not logged in, with the exception of Hikari's skill.
Partners can be levelled up by obtaining EXP from playing in world mode or using Ether Drops, also obtained from world mode. They start off at level 1 when obtained, and max out at level 20, unless awakened. Partners can only gain EXP (Experience Points) while playing in World Mode. When partners level up, their FRAG and STEP counts remain the same or improve, with the exception of Hikari (Zero). In general, stats have diminishing returns as levels are gained.
After completing a song in World Mode, the selected partner gains EXP based on the result rating:
More information on Play Rating can be found here. All partners share the same EXP requirements for leveling. Level 1 requires 0 exp (starting level), and the requirements increase for higher levels.
EXP Gain Sample Data
Data source: network intercepting
Awakening is a system added in 2.0.0, where certain partners can be awakened by consuming cores, which will:
- Increase their level cap to 30.
- Change their partner icon and appearance.
There are 2 requirements for awakening a partner:
- Partner is at Level 20.
- A required amount of Cores are owned. Requirements are listed below for each partner.
Currently, the partners that can be awakened are:
- Nono Shibusawa
- Haruna Mishima
- Regulus (MDA-21)
- Pandora Nemesis (MTA-XXX)
- Brillante (E/S Primera)
When a partner is awakened, a splash text saying "Awakening Reached" is displayed. Leveling a partner past this point allows for further stat increase.
Since 2.6.0, a bypass button is located next to the description panel of awakened partners. This button allows toggling of their icon, sprite and skill between their awakened versions and pre-awakening versions. FRAG and STEP stats are unaffected by bypasses.
The most practical use of this feature would be for partners with gameplay-altering skills which change after awakening (e.g. Lethe).
Cores are consumable items added in 2.0.0, which aid in leveling and are necessary for awakening. There are 6 types of cores (Including ones from the limited time events).
Ether Drops are received as rewards in World Mode, although only sometimes displayed on the map rewards screens.
Each, when consumed, adds 250 EXP towards levelling up a partner. At higher partner levels, a single Ether Drop is not enough for a level up. From v2.3.0, multiple Ether Drops may be consumed at once. Upon selecting the boost button, a confirmation window appears displaying the partner level and % EXP after consumption.
- A partner at level 1, after consuming an Ether Drop, will reach level 5 immediately.
- A partner at level 11 with 1660 EXP, after consuming an Ether Drop, will still be at level 11 with 1910 EXP.
Hollow Cores are received as rewards in World Mode in sets of 5, and are displayed on the map rewards screens. Partners that consume these cores upon awakening are:
Desolate Cores are received as rewards in World Mode in sets of 5, and are displayed on the map rewards screens. Partners that consume these cores upon awakening are:
CHUNITHM Cores are received as rewards in World Mode in sets of 5 or 15, and are displayed on the map rewards screens. Partners that consume these cores upon awakening are:
These cores were only available in the CHUNITHM Collaboration limited time event from May 23rd, 2019 to June 20th, 2019, as well as from July 16th, 2020 to August 6th, 2020. After these periods, collected CHUNITHM cores remained in players' inventories, but the uncollected ones are unavailable.
Crimson Cores are received as rewards in World Mode in sets of 5, and are displayed on the map rewards screens. Partners that consume these cores upon awakening are:
Ambivalent Cores are received as rewards in World Mode in sets of 5, and are displayed on the map rewards screens. Partners that consume these cores upon awakening are:
Scarlet Cores are received as rewards in World Mode in sets of 5, and are displayed on the map rewards screens. Partners that consume these cores upon awakening are:
These cores were only available in the Shirabe limited time event from May 23rd, 2019 to June 20th, 2019, as well as from July 16th, 2020 to August 6th, 2020. After these periods, collected Scarlet cores remained in players' inventories, but the uncollected ones are unavailable.
Groove Cores are received as rewards in World Mode in sets of 5, and are displayed on the map rewards screens. Partners that consume these cores upon awakening are:
These cores were only available in the GROOVE COASTER Collaboration limited-time event from September 16, 2020, to October 7, 2020. After these periods, collected Groove cores remained in players' inventories, but the uncollected ones are unavailable.
- Partners were part of the game at launch, but it was not until version 1.5.0, when World Mode was introduced, that they gained skills and stats and could be leveled up.
- All original partners appear in at least one song's artwork from their respective song pack.
- Stella, Hikari & Fisica, and DORO*C appear in at least one song's artwork from their respective collaborations.
- Hikari, Tairitsu, Kou, Lethe, Eto, Luna, Saya, Kanae, and Sia all appear in at least two songs' artwork.
- It is possible for multiple partners to appear in one song's artwork. For example, Eto and Luna both appear on the artwork for γuarδina.
- Hikari (Summer), Tairitsu (Summer), Saya, and Sia all appeared on song jackets before being added in a later version of the game.
- There are some partners that have identical stats to each other, but with different skills to differentiate them.
|Base Partners||Hikari • Tairitsu|
|Story Partners||Tairitsu (Axium) • Tairitsu (Grievous Lady) • Hikari (Zero) • Hikari (Fracture) • Tairitsu (Tempest)|
|Side Story Partners||Kou • Lethe • Eto • Luna • Saya • Kanae|
|Collaboration Partners||Sapphire • Hikari & Fisica • Tairitsu & Trin • Hikari & Seine • Tairitsu (Grievous Lady) & Chuni Penguin|
|Soundtrack Partners||Hikari (Fantasia) • Tairitsu (Sonata)|
|Limited-Time Partners||Stella • Ilith • Shirabe • Hikari (Summer) • Tairitsu (Summer) • Ayu • Eto & Luna • Yume • Nono Shibusawa • Haruna Mishima • Regulus (MDA-21) • Pandora Nemesis (MTA-XXX) • Chuni Penguin • Sia • DORO*C • Brillante (E/S Primera) • Ilith (Summer)|