Kou's name means "crimson" in Japanese.
Seemingly in reference to both her namesake and the name of her pack, Kou is primarily dressed in shades of red.
She has long, straight, light pink hair and green eyes. In her hair, she wears a burgundy headband that is shaped like a pair of rabbit ears and has gold ornaments at its tips.
Kou wears a long, faded crimson garment with a strapless sweetheart neckline over top of a short burgundy pleated skirt with a white stripe. The center of her top is white with white buttons to the sides; its lower half also has white buttons and stripes and splits below her waist, revealing her skirt. A brighter crimson ribbon is fastened loosely around her waist and decorated with gold ornaments. Kou's sleeves, separate from the rest of her clothing, are crimson with pale pink and white ruffles that extend long enough to cover her hands. She also wears a white collar with a ruffled bib and a burgundy bow, to which more gold ornaments are attached.
Her boots are off-black, have laces, and extend to her thighs; underneath she wears a pair of tights slightly lighter in color.
Kou is always depicted holding a white stuffed bear with light pink ears, hands, and soles. Its eyes are represented by gold ornaments, it has a crimson bow around its neck, and its headband is identical to Kou's. When awakened, the teddy bear is shown holding a cake on a plate.
Kou has been officially described as "a cheery girl with a long history in the world of Arcaea".
|The following section of this article contains spoilers. Proceed with caution if you have not read the Story yet.|
Kou can awakened at Level 20 since v2.4.0 by consuming:
- 25 Crimson Cores.
- 5 Hollow Cores.
Stats by Level
- Her maximum FRAG stat translates to a 2.00x fragment multiplier.
- At level 20, her FRAG stat translates to a 1.80x fragment multiplier.
- Her maximum STEP stat translates to a 1.60x step multiplier.
- At level 20, her STEP stat translates to a 1.40x step multiplier.
Kou is useful for farming fragments due to her high fragment multiplier. Once awakened, her skill can boost fragments further on tracks which the player can consistently score high on. Her fragment farming capabilities on harder tracks are only rivalled by an awakened Pandora Nemesis (MTA-XXX). Kou is one of the most reliable partners for fragment farming, and is arguably the best option for players who could not obtain nor awaken Pandora, or are unable to HARD Clear a track.
Kou's awakened form was added on October 8th (Version 2.4.0). This makes her the first side story partner to receive an awakened form.
- The bonus is applied on the sum of PLAY, CLEAR, PERFORMANCE and FIRST CLEAR fragment amounts.
- For scores of 9,000,000 and below, the bonus is 10%.
- For scores of 10,000,000 and above, the bonus is 20%.
- For scores from 9,000,000 to 10,000,000, the bonus increases linearly from 10% to 20%.
- The bonus amount of fragments is rounded down to the nearest integer.
- The maximum amount of Fragments theoretically obtainable with Kou at Level 30 is 108, by clearing a Level 11 Beyond chart for the first time and obtaining a Pure Memory. She therefore beats Pandora Nemesis (MTA-XXX) in this regard, only bested by Ayu.
|Starting Partners||Hikari • Tairitsu|
|Story Partners||Tairitsu (Axium) • Tairitsu (Grievous Lady) • Hikari (Zero) • Hikari (Fracture) • Tairitsu (Tempest)|
|Side Story Partners||Kou • Lethe • Eto • Luna • Saya • Kanae|
|Collaboration Partners||Sapphire • Hikari & Fisica • Tairitsu & Trin • Hikari & Seine • Tairitsu (Grievous Lady) & Chuni Penguin|
|Soundtrack Partners||Hikari (Fantasia) • Tairitsu (Sonata)|
|Limited-Time Partners||Stella • Ilith • Shirabe • Hikari (Summer) • Tairitsu (Summer) • Ayu • Eto & Luna • Yume • Nono Shibusawa • Haruna Mishima • Regulus (MDA-21) • Pandora Nemesis (MTA-XXX) • Chuni Penguin • Sia • DORO*C|